Orthopaedics WA News
Orthopaedics WA continues to provide a No Gap service with all major health funds. See, this page for more details.
Dr Li-On Lam joins the Orthopaedics WA team this month. Specialising in shoulder, hip and knee surgery, Dr Lam and provides comprehensive non-operative and operative management.
He offers No Gap Cover for all major health funds, and he welcomes Private, Public, DVA, MVIT and Workers Compensation patients.
Launch of Orthocomp WA.
With our dedicated elective and trauma orthopaedic specialist and rehabilitation service from Guardian Exercise Rehabilitation we can provide a streamlined service for patients with Workers' Compensation or motor vehicle related injuries.
Dr Simon Zilko joins the team January 2017. He is a fellowship trained foot and ankle surgeon. With two dedicated foot and ankle surgeons, Dr Simon Zilko and Mr Boris Brankov, we are now able to offer a very efficient foot and ankle service for our patients. They are both NO GAP with all major health funds.
Mr Thomas Bucher joins the group, bringing his experience of hip, knee and ACL surgery.
Orthopaedics WA celebrated our second birthday.
Mr Boris Brankov joins the group, brings his experience of foot and ankle surgery.
Mr Andrew Mattin joins the group, brings his experience of shoulder, knee and hip surgery.
Fiona Stanley Hospital open for Trauma.
Mr Ben Witte joined the group, bringing with him many years experience in knee particularly ACL and hip surgery.
New Orthopaedics WA Clinic opens in the Wexford Medical Centre, Murdoch Hospital.
The new rooms bring together a group of orthopaedic specialists interested in advancing orthopaedics through research, teaching and leadership. We all also operate in Fremantle University hospital.
Associate Professor Gareth Prosser and Professor Piers Yates appointed as Co-Heads of Orthopaedics and Trauma at Fiona Stanley Hospital.
Our Orthopaedic GP Education day will be held at St John of God Hospital Murdoch on 26th August. The morning will be hosted by surgeons from Orthopaedics WA and will cover upper and lower limb orthopaedic conditions. Hope to see you there!
Following a very successful GP education night last year, we are planning another for 24th August to be held at St John of God Hospital Murdoch. The event is entitled: 'Bone Crunching presented by Othopaedics WA'. View the flyer here. Save the date for your diary.
GP Education Night.
Visiting ABC Fellows come to Perth. Opportunity to share skills and expertise.
Opening Orthopaedics WA Clinic, Suite 15, First floor, Wexford Medical Centre, Murdoch Hospital.
New theatres open at Murdoch Hospital.
Fiona Stanley Hospital Opens to Elective Orthopaedics.
- Uncemented vs cemented cups and wear. Yates, Burston, Wood. Perth
- NCB plate for periprosthetic fractures. Yates, Nikoloski. Fremantle
- Posterior malleolar fractures and fixation. Yates, Thomas. Fremantle
- Pain cocktail and TKR. Yates, Perrett. Fremantle
- Flexion gap inbalance. Yates, Stoffel, Jeffcote, Kuster. Fremantle
- Alcohol dressings on wounds. Yates. Fremantle
- Revision TKR for Stiffness. Gardner
- Tibial jigs in TKR. Yates, Wysocki, Fremantle, SJOGM
- Captive cups. Maor, Yates. Fremantle
- Tibial cementing TKR. Yates, Li, Eranki. Fremantle
- Day one/ zero THR mobilisation. Yates, Hefer, Ridley, Headford. Fremantle OPH
- Lisfranc fractures. Yates, Sowman, Eranki. Fremantle
- PFN vs TFN. Nikoloski, Yates, Myerkort. Fremantle
- Absolut stem. Jones, Yates. Fremantle.
- New knee assessment score (PKIP). Yates, Beverland. Frematle, Ireland, USA
- Accolade II. Stryker, Yates. Fremantle, USA
- Saiph TKR. Yates. Fremantle, NSW, Vic, UK
- THR survival in AVN. Young, Yates. Fremantle/AOA
- Uncemented THR in elderly patients. Myerkort, Yates. Fremantle/AOA
- Clexane and wound complications after joint replacement. Yates, Cusick, Wood. Fremantle, HPH
- Spectron stem at 10 years. Burston, Yates, Wood. WA
- Blood management in Fremantle. Yates, Prosser, haematology. Fremantle
- Tranexamic acid in Orthopaedics. Yates, Prosser, McGrath. Fremantle
- Early Rehabilitation after revision TJR. Yates, SJOGM
- Fractures through skeletal metastisis. Hill, D’Allessandro, Yates. Fremantle
- Fractured hips and osteoarthritis. Yates, Gallagher, Fremantle
- A new protocol for follow up of joint replacement in WA. Yates, Headford. Fremantle
- Revision TKR for component malposition. Fremantle
- Periprosthetic infections. Manning, Clark, Yates, Prosser. Fremantle
- Periprosthetic fixation using the Spider plate. Yates, Taheri, Fremantle
Arthroplasty Society of Australia, Fremantle, WA.
Piers Yates is presenting at the annual meeting of the AOA Arthroplasty Society of Australia, which this year is being held in Fremantle.
- Resurfacing vs modular Adept metal on metal hip replacement.
- I love tranexamic acid.
- Outcomes of treatment of 150 prosthetic joint replacements in Fremantle Hospital.
Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Meeting, Singapore.
Piers Yates will present on revision knee replacment and periprosthetic fracture.