Orthopaedics WA News
Orthopaedics WA's new consulting rooms are now open in a central Perth location at Mount Medical Centre, 146 Mounts Bay Road.
In addition to our current Clinic in the Wexford Medical Centre, Murdoch Hospital, Orthopaedics WA is also at Suite 51 of the Mount Medical Centre, next to Mount Hospital for your convenience. See this page for more details.
Orthopaedics WA continues to provide a No Gap service with all major health funds. See, this page for more details.
Dr Li-On Lam joins the Orthopaedics WA team this month. Specialising in shoulder, hip and knee surgery, Dr Lam and provides comprehensive non-operative and operative management.
He offers No Gap Cover for all major health funds, and he welcomes Private, Public, DVA, MVIT and Workers Compensation patients.
Launch of Orthocomp WA.
With our dedicated elective and trauma orthopaedic specialist and rehabilitation service from Guardian Exercise Rehabilitation we can provide a streamlined service for patients with Workers' Compensation or motor vehicle related injuries.
Mr Thomas Bucher joins the group, bringing his experience of hip, knee and ACL surgery.
Orthopaedics WA celebrated our second birthday.
Mr Boris Brankov joins the group, brings his experience of foot and ankle surgery. With a dedicated foot and ankle surgeon, we are now able to offer a very efficient foot and ankle service for our patients. He is NO GAP with all major health funds.
Mr Andrew Mattin joins the group, brings his experience of shoulder, knee and hip surgery.
Fiona Stanley Hospital open for Trauma.
Mr Ben Witte joined the group, bringing with him many years experience in knee particularly ACL and hip surgery.
New Orthopaedics WA Clinic opens in the Wexford Medical Centre, Murdoch Hospital.
The new rooms bring together a group of orthopaedic specialists interested in advancing orthopaedics through research, teaching and leadership. We all also operate in Fremantle University hospital.
Associate Professor Gareth Prosser and Professor Piers Yates appointed as Co-Heads of Orthopaedics and Trauma at Fiona Stanley Hospital.
Another of our popular GP Education Days will held on Saturday 25 August 2018 in conjunction with HFRC, Perth Radiological Clinic and Mount Hospital. Speakers from Orthopaedics WA will include: Prof. Piers Yates, Assoc. Prof. Gareth Prosser, Dr Satyen Gohil, Mr Andrew Mattin, Mr Simon Wall, Mr Li-On Lam and Mr Christopher Jones.
Participants will take part in a series of Presentations, Practical Workshops and Tabletop Discussions throughout the Day. Earn 40 (Cat1) CPD Points.
Please book early. Places are limited. More details are in the pdf flyer.
A very successful Physio information evening was held at the Wexford rooms on Thursday 8 March. This educational series of short talks, small group sessions and forum discussions entitled Optimising Orthopaedic Patient Care and Outcomes covering the upper and lower limb areas including: hip, knee, elbow and shoulders was conducted by Orthopaedics WA surgeons Simon Wall, Satyen Gohil, Thomas Bucher, Ben Witte, Gareth Prosser, Andy Mattin, Li-on Lam and Piers Yates.
Keep an eye out for future information evenings for Physiotherapists.
A very successful GP Education Day was held in conjunction with St John of God Murdoch Hospital on 26 August 2017. Speakers from Orthopaedics WA included: Prof. Piers Yates, Assoc. Prof. Gareth Prosser, Dr Satyen Gohil, Mr Simon Wall, Mr Andrew Mattin, Mr Benjamin Witte, Mr Thomas Bucher and Mr Li-On Lam.
Participants took part in a series of Journal Article Discussions, Practical Workshops, Case Studies and Tabletop Discussions throughout the Day. The details are in the pdf flyer.
Following a very successful GP education night last year, we are planning another for 24th August to be held at St John of God Hospital Murdoch. The event is entitled: 'Bone Crunching presented by Othopaedics WA'. View the flyer here. Save the date for your diary.
GP Education Night.
Visiting ABC Fellows come to Perth. Opportunity to share skills and expertise.
Opening Orthopaedics WA Clinic, Suite 15, First floor, Wexford Medical Centre, Murdoch Hospital.
New theatres open at Murdoch Hospital.
Fiona Stanley Hospital Opens to Elective Orthopaedics.
- Uncemented vs cemented cups and wear. Yates, Burston, Wood. Perth
- NCB plate for periprosthetic fractures. Yates, Nikoloski. Fremantle
- Posterior malleolar fractures and fixation. Yates, Thomas. Fremantle
- Pain cocktail and TKR. Yates, Perrett. Fremantle
- Flexion gap inbalance. Yates, Stoffel, Jeffcote, Kuster. Fremantle
- Alcohol dressings on wounds. Yates. Fremantle
- Revision TKR for Stiffness. Gardner
- Tibial jigs in TKR. Yates, Wysocki, Fremantle, SJOGM
- Captive cups. Maor, Yates. Fremantle
- Tibial cementing TKR. Yates, Li, Eranki. Fremantle
- Day one/ zero THR mobilisation. Yates, Hefer, Ridley, Headford. Fremantle OPH
- Lisfranc fractures. Yates, Sowman, Eranki. Fremantle
- PFN vs TFN. Nikoloski, Yates, Myerkort. Fremantle
- Absolut stem. Jones, Yates. Fremantle.
- New knee assessment score (PKIP). Yates, Beverland. Frematle, Ireland, USA
- Accolade II. Stryker, Yates. Fremantle, USA
- Saiph TKR. Yates. Fremantle, NSW, Vic, UK
- THR survival in AVN. Young, Yates. Fremantle/AOA
- Uncemented THR in elderly patients. Myerkort, Yates. Fremantle/AOA
- Clexane and wound complications after joint replacement. Yates, Cusick, Wood. Fremantle, HPH
- Spectron stem at 10 years. Burston, Yates, Wood. WA
- Blood management in Fremantle. Yates, Prosser, haematology. Fremantle
- Tranexamic acid in Orthopaedics. Yates, Prosser, McGrath. Fremantle
- Early Rehabilitation after revision TJR. Yates, SJOGM
- Fractures through skeletal metastisis. Hill, D’Allessandro, Yates. Fremantle
- Fractured hips and osteoarthritis. Yates, Gallagher, Fremantle
- A new protocol for follow up of joint replacement in WA. Yates, Headford. Fremantle
- Revision TKR for component malposition. Fremantle
- Periprosthetic infections. Manning, Clark, Yates, Prosser. Fremantle
- Periprosthetic fixation using the Spider plate. Yates, Taheri, Fremantle
Arthroplasty Society of Australia, Fremantle, WA.
Piers Yates is presenting at the annual meeting of the AOA Arthroplasty Society of Australia, which this year is being held in Fremantle.
- Resurfacing vs modular Adept metal on metal hip replacement.
- I love tranexamic acid.
- Outcomes of treatment of 150 prosthetic joint replacements in Fremantle Hospital.
Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Meeting, Singapore.
Piers Yates will present on revision knee replacment and periprosthetic fracture.
See the Related links on this page.
Suite 15, Wexford Medical Centre
St John of God Hospital Murdoch
3 Barry Marshall Parade
Murdoch WA 6150
Tel: (08) 9312 1135
Fax: (08) 9332 1187
Orthopaedics WA – Perth
Suite 51, Mount Medical Centre
146 Mounts Bay Road
Perth WA 6000
Tel: (08) 9312 1135
Fax: (08) 9332 1187
Office Hours: 9am–5pm
Monday to Friday (closed public holidays)
Find what you are looking for here.
- Contact Us
- Contact Us
- Disclaimer and Website Ethics
- Make an appointment
- Hip Services
- Bearings for hip replacement
- Hip Impingement surgery
- Hip replacement in the young
- Hip resurfacing
- Hip services
- Minimally invasive hip replacement
- Pathway for hip replacement
- Revision hip replacement
- The Young adult hip unit
- Total hip replacement
- Triple Pelvic Osteotomy
- Shoulder-Upper body
- Distal Biceps Rupture
- Osteoarthritis of the shoulder
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder & upper body services
- Assoc Prof Gareth Prosser
- Dr Li On Lam
- Dr. Satyen Gohil
- Mr Chris Jones
- Mr Simon Wall
- Mr Thomas Bucher
- Mr. Andrew Mattin
- Mr. Benjamin Witte
- Mr. Boris Brankov
- Prof Piers Yates
- Trauma and fractures
- Useful Documents
- Useful Documents